Getting Help Finding a Job
There are many community and government programs that can help you find a job and explore your career options. Here are a few good ones to start with:
- The Association for New Canadians - AXIS Program
Acquiring EXperience; Integrating Skills (AXIS) offers a suite of employment assistance programs and services immigrants settling in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Please contact AXIS at:
10 Smithville Cresent,
Tel:(709) 579 - 1780
- Career and Employment Resource Centres
The provincial Department of Human Resources, Labour and Employment has offices throughout the province. You can call their Labour Market and Career Information Hotline to find out about resources near you by dialing 1-800-563-6600 (TTY: 1-866-729-4685), or visit their online Labour Market and Career Information Centre.
- Service Canada
See services and programs from Service Canada dedicated to supporting newcomers.
You can visit a Service Canada office in person, as there are many in Newfoundland and Labrador. To find an office near you, check here.
If you are looking for a job or career, or are just interested in working in our province, please see www.jobbank.gc.ca to see what this website has to offer. It is Newfoundland and Labrador's comprehensive job search and posting website.
Other useful links for various professional associations include:
- Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Newfoundland & Labrador Teachers' Association
- Newfoundland & Labrador Medical Association
- Physician Recruitment
- Newfoundland and Labrador Dental Association
- National Dental Assisting Examining Board
- Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL)
- The Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Chartered Accountants of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Certified General Accountant Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Newfoundland and Labrador Environmental Industry Association
- Memorial University Centre for Career Development
The Work Destinations Website is a comprehensive source of information on regulated trades and professions in Canada. It contains information on entry requirements in both official languages and is the online site designed primarily for professional or trades people moving within Canada. It also provides information for persons considering immigration to Canada.